Monday, August 26, 2013

Hearts a Flutter

It is Monday and we're going to pretend like it's Valentine's Day in August.  Can we do that?  Sure.  I said so.  :)  I have quite a few Valentine's Day stamp sets and I like to use them so last week I decided to make a little set of mini cards with the Hearts a Flutter stamp set.  I like them a lot, even though they're a little wild compared to what I normally make...





Get it?  Wild?  With the zebra?  I'm a dork.  :D  Anyway, I added some Canvas Corp. zebra print paper to the card bases with my Xyron 510, then inked around the edges with Distress ink in black.  The ribbons were added with my Xyron 150, and then I cut a slit along the spine of the card with my craft knife and tied twine by The Twinery around the front of the card.  The hearts were stamped in Stampin' Up inks, cut out, then attached to the front of the cards with foam adhesive (made in my Xyron).  These came together pretty quick once I decided on the design, and they'll be perfect to sneak into the boys' lunch boxes this year on Valentine's Day. 

Have a great Monday!  Happy Stamping!

No comments: